We're looking for someone with React/React Native experience to join us on an exciting journey scaling Kron to millions globally. This is an opportunity to join a small company where you can make an immediate impact and gain experience in building delightful UIs and scalable code, working in a team full of talent and passion.
- The majority of your time will be spent with React Native and React, with the possibility of digging into our Python backend if you want to learn more about that.
- You will work closely with designers and backend developers to build new features from scratch as well as iterating on current features with customers feedback.
- Dig into Java / Kotlin / Objective-C code when necessary.
- Write code that can be shared between the web- and mobile apps.
We started Kron in 2017 to show that investing in funds can be both simple and engaging.
With the speed of a startup and the experience from 20 years of investing we offer world-class, automated investment advice to the lowest fee possible. Kron makes investments that has previously only been available to the professionals or rich, available to everyone. We now have over 80 000 engaged users in Kron and welcome thousands of new people every week.
Investing is one of the most important things we do in life. Still, most Norwegians invest their money in their savings account, where they standstill. Because of this, hundreds of thousands of Norwegians are missing out on the possibility of fantastic growth. We believe that a simplified language and great user experiences can break down the barriers and invite more people into their first investments. We want to be the door opener to those that think investments are scary or only for those with a masters in finance.
We call it investments for everyone.
We are today a team of 30 and we're growing fast. In Kron, engineers, product designers, economists, and investment experts work closely together to create something that truly engages and a unique working environment. We value diversity and work hard towards building a company where everyone is contributing through different experiences to create a fantastic place to work.
- You have an eye for great design and you're empathetic to the needs of the end-user.
- You enjoy the challenge of building new features from scratch and being involved from design to shipping as well as iterating on current features with customer's feedback.
- You’re hungry to learn about new technologies and always want to find the right tool for the job, even if that’s stepping into the unknown.
- You demonstrate best practices in your code, and uphold them in your code reviews.
- You like to mentor and share your knowledge.
- An adventurous mind with wild ideas, but pragmatic and able to translate ideas into something impactful and achievable.
- Experienced in web development. You've built large-scale, user-friendly, and beautiful web apps of high quality.
- At Kron you will be given lots of freedom, so you need to be comfortable managing your own work, working in small focused teams, and owning ideas from conception to execution.
- Fluent in English. Norwegian is a plus.
- Experience with React Native.
- Experience working with backend technologies such as Python, PostgreSQL, and Linux.
- Experience with web animation.
- Experience in building apps with Android / iOS.
- Experience in Figma / Sketch.
- Experience building design systems.
- Typescript & React Native & React
- React Router
- Styled components
- Python (FastAPI)
Generally, our application process looks like the following:
- Application: You apply by sending your CV and a cover letter describing why you want to work at Kron.
- First interview: You're invited in for a ~30-minute interview where we talk about your motivation, you're able to ask any questions you might have and we uncover whether it's a good match.
- Technical assessment: In order to reduce biases and have objective criteria when assessing candidates we ask that you complete a technical assessment. It's a mix of multiple-choice questions, small coding challenges, and a larger coding project. You should spend no more than 3 hours on the assessment itself.
- Technical interview: Everyone who completes the technical assessment is invited in for a technical interview. Here, we discuss your answers and go more in-depth into your technical background.
- Final interview: In the final interview you'll typically meet someone like Emma (CEO) or Ole Martin (CPO). The interview typically lasts for 30 minutes.
- Offer: Herman (CTO) will reach out with an offer and we discuss practicalities around the start date etc.
- You'll be part of Storebrand employee benefits: A great pension agreement, fantastic insurance policies, and the great discounts on your mortage. We care about your health, and cover you with a private health insurance.
- A nice office in the city center of Oslo, close to Slottsparken – with the opportunity to work from home.
- We cover your laptop, phone, and phone subscription.
- Reduced investment prices in Kron for you, your parents, siblings, spouse, and children
We would love to get to know you and tell you more about Kron and our opportunities. If you just find some of this job posting interesting and would like an informal chat, then reach out and we can setup a meeting or a video call:
Herman (CTO): email@example.com (+47 97739712)