We're looking for someone to lead our frontend platform and join us on an exciting journey scaling Kron to millions globally. This is an opportunity to join a small company where you can make an immediate impact and gain experience in building delightful UIs and scalable code, working in a team full of talent and passion.
The majority of your time will be spent hands-on coding React Native and React, a code-base serving our native apps (Android and iOS) as well as our web app (kron.no/app ). However, as a lead you’re expected to work closely together with the CTO and CPO in scoping initiatives, and building the team. Equally, you are expected to take a mentorship role towards other developers, and lead the frontend discipline.
You will work closely with designers and backend developers in product teams, to build new features from scratch as well as iterating on current features with customers feedback.
You should not be afraid of digging into Java / Kotlin / Objective-C / Swift code when necessary.
In Kron, Storebrand's investment app, we work to realize a large and important societal mission: To make good investments available to everyone. Because everyone deserves the opportunity to create a future with financial security and freedom. Through smart use of technology, we make what has previously been reserved for professionals available to everyone.
We are currently a rapidly growing team with 30 employees. Technologists, product managers, designers, marketers, economists and lawyers work closely in teams, and together contribute to making Kron a unique working environment. We get up in the morning and look forward to onboarding new users, celebrating when they get started and cheering on when they reach their goals. We take pride in creating communication on finance, investment and pension in a language people understand.
We have ambitions to build a feeling of joy through investing; to help the under-invested to be invested; and believe that money should provide the power to change (the more people who invest in the future, the better it will be). We make all of this possible through our simple and engaging investment app. Kron is Norway's most liked investment app and over 70,000 Norwegians have opened an account.
With Storebrand as the new owner, Kron will continue to grow and make good investments available to even more people. We have the innovative power of a young technology company and the weight of a large financial group.
At Kron, we want skilled and happy people on the team. It's fun to make things that make people happy, and happy people make better experiences. We are now looking for more people who want to be part of an exciting growth journey in a company with very big ambitions.
- Proven track-record in frontend development (5+ years), and preferably experience with React or React Native.
- You're passionate about frontend development, and genuinely enjoy coding
- You have an eye for great design, are empathetic to the needs of the end-user, and have experience in data-driven design (everything from “funnel analytics” to conducting “user interviews”)
- You’re hungry to learn about new technologies and always want to find the right tool for the job, even if that’s stepping into the unknown.
- You demonstrate best practices in your code, and uphold them in your code reviews.
- You like to mentor and share your knowledge.
- An adventurous mind with wild ideas, but pragmatic and able to translate ideas into something impactful and achievable.
- At Kron you will be given lots of freedom, so you need to be comfortable managing your own work, working in small focused teams and owning ideas from conception to execution.
- You’re fluent in Norwegian, but it doesn’t have to be your mother tongue.
- Experience with building large-scale, user-friendly, and beautiful web apps of high quality.
- Experience in developing mobile apps, either native or using web-technologies (React Native, Flutter, Svelte Native, etc.)
- Experience working with backend technologies such as Python, PostgreSQL, and Linux.
- Experience with animation, preferably React Native Reanimated 2 or React Native's Animation API.
- Experience building design systems.
- Typescript, React & React Native
- Python (FastAPI)
Generally, our application process looks like the following:
Application: You apply by sending your CV and a motivational letter describing why you want to work at Kron.
First interview: You're invited in for a ~30-minute interview where we talk about your motivation, you're able to ask any questions you might have and we uncover whether it's a good match for the both of us.
Technical assessment: In order to reduce biases and have objective criteria when assessing candidates we ask that you complete a technical assessment. It's a mix of multiple-choice questions, small coding challenges, and a larger coding project. You should spend no more than 3 hours on the assessment itself.
Technical interview: Everyone who completes the technical assessment is invited in for a technical interview. Here, we discuss your answers and go more in-depth into your technical background.
Final interview: In the final interview you'll typically meet someone like Emma (CEO) or Ole Martin (CPO). The interview typically lasts for 30 minutes.
Offer: Herman (CTO) will reach out with an offer and we discuss practicalities around the start date etc.
You'll be part of Storebrand employee benefits: A great pension agreement, fantastic insurance policies, and the great discounts on your mortage. We care about your health, and cover you with a private health insurance.
A nice office in the city center of Oslo, close to Slottsparken – with the opportunity to work from home.
We cover your laptop, phone, and phone subscription.
Reduced investment prices in Kron for you, your parents, siblings, spouse, and children
We would love to get to know you and tell you more about Kron and our opportunities. If you just find some of this job posting interesting and would like an informal chat, then reach out here and we'll enjoy some hot brew together over video.
Herman (CTO): firstname.lastname@example.org (+47 97739712)