We started Kron in 2017 to show that investing in funds can be both simple and engaging.
With the speed of a startup and the experience from 20 years of investing we offer world-class, automated investment advice to the lowest fee possible. Kron makes investments that have previously only been available to the professionals or rich, available to everyone. We now have over 80 000 engaged users in Kron and welcome thousands of new people every week.
Investing is one of the most important things we do in life. Still, most Norwegians invest their money in their savings account, where they stand still. Because of this, hundreds of thousands of Norwegians are missing out on the possibility of fantastic growth. We believe that a simplified language and great user experiences can break down the barriers and invite more people in to do their first investments. We want to be the door opener to those that think investments are scary or only for those with a master's in finance.
We call it investments for everyone.
We are today a team of 20 and we're growing fast. In Kron, engineers, product designers, economists, and investment experts work closely together to create something that truly engages and a unique working environment. We value diversity and work hard towards building a company where everyone is contributing through different experiences to create a fantastic place to work
We are looking for someone who wants to take part in an exciting journey in a company that has a strong focus on world-class products using its own technology. You love creating fantastic user experiences and to find good pragmatic solutions to complex problems. Our technology team is still small, which gives individuals great influence and autonomy.
The size of the team also means that we love generalists. In practice, this means that you may thrive particularly well in one or two technologies, but you are not afraid to work on other things. For example, you have expertise in infrastructure and system administration, but you are also comfortable writing Python code; or you are an expert in React, but you can write Python, Swift, or Kotlin code if needed. Here, there is no correct background, but rather a common feature is a curiosity for technologies and a willingness to learn.
We have a strong focus on the fact that the job is about more than code and technology, and that the best solutions are found together with great psychological safety, friendship, and balance between work and leisure. We do not measure the output of the individual, but instead the team. We meet frequently at "hackathons" where we work on exciting new projects and make food together.
Some other properties which you find familiar:
- You’re hungry to learn about new technologies and always want to find the right tool for the job, even if that’s stepping into the unknown.
- You demonstrate best practices in your code and uphold them in your code reviews.
- You like to mentor and share your knowledge.
- You have an adventurous mind, but you're pragmatic and able to translate ideas into something impactful and achievable.
- You've built large-scale, user-friendly, and beautiful web apps of high quality.
- You're comfortable managing your own work, working in small focused teams, and owning ideas from conception to execution.
- Fluent in English. Norwegian is a plus.
- Django (Legacy: Tornado + FastAPI)
- React, Typescript, and React Native
- Docker, Linux
- Linode, but moving to «the cloud» in 2021
- Nomad and Consul
Generally, our application process looks like the following:
- Application: You apply by sending your CV and a cover letter describing why you want to work at Kron.
- First interview: You're invited in for a ~30-minute interview where we talk about your motivation, you're able to ask any questions you might have and we uncover whether it's a good match.
- Technical assessment: In order to reduce biases and have objective criteria when assessing candidates we ask that you complete a technical assessment. It's a mix of multiple-choice questions, small coding challenges, and a larger coding project. You should spend no more than 3 hours on the assessment itself.
- Technical interview: Everyone who completes the technical assessment is invited in for a technical interview. Here, we discuss your answers and go more in-depth into your technical background.
- Final interview: In the final interview you'll typically meet someone like Emma (CEO) or Ole Martin (CPO). The interview typically lasts for 30 minutes.
- Offer: Herman (CTO) will reach out with an offer and we discuss practicalities around the start date etc.
- The opportunity to buy shares to take part in the success of Kron.
- Great pension and insurances which will cover you and your loved ones
- Cash bonus of kr 25 000 on having a child.
- Newly refurbished office next to Slottsparken, with the opportunity to work from home.
- Great lunch served every day. Warm meals 3 times a week.
- We cover your laptop and phone.
- Reduced investment prices in Kron for you, your parents, siblings, spouse, and children
We would love to get to know you and tell you more about Kron and our opportunities. If you just find some of this job posting interesting and would like an informal chat, then reach out here and we'll enjoy some hot brew together over video: https://grabacoffee.io/kron/herman
Herman (CTO): firstname.lastname@example.org (97739712)